Oh My Grandma! Last years most fondest memories weren’t spent playing happy days in the summertime with my new boyfriend or showcasing my fashion show with my own creative collection and passing University; NO! It was discovering Little Nans bar and literally falling head over midi-heels in love with cocktails with freakin epic names!
I simply cannot tell you how much I adore this place so I have to tell you in dots;
- Everything is Granny chic! To the windowssss, to the waaalls! (sorry broke into song there but really everywhere tho, absolutely beautiful)
- I’ve been banned from Little Nans (by my BF coz he doesn’t understand my love for Nanna and he never will. Y’all know a Nannas love is priceless right?)
- They sell tasty tea time treats (yesssss cupcakes and such! And at a very reasonable price (and I’m a cheapo chick)…hell! At times It’s for free!)
- It’s in Deptford! (the new SHOREDITCH so get your ass down there and make it happen people)
- The cocktails are served in teapots and teacups (ohhhh yeahhhh, I went there for my first time and I had The Sir Del Trotter* and it was served in a big teapot which the spout was a dog with an open mouth. Every time I poured a cup I was pretending it was hurling up tasty juice…so funny in my defence but I was a tipsy coz I drank most of it even tho I was sharing with my BF)
The best cuppa you’ll ever have!
ROYALS! They approve! From a family of a famous Nanna to another!
BTW this is not the drink I mentioned coz the one I mentioned had fruits, umbrellas and sparkles in the cup…this is Little Nan Loves You More*. Yum
- Funky tunes! (Vintage, Retro, Gaga, whatever…great playlist!)
- Secret entrance (It’s undercover coz you would never think it’s a bar…but I won’t spoil the surprise for you but all I’m saying is believe what Google maps is telling you. If it’s there then that’s where it is…not like me searching and searching saying “Is this where it is? Is this correct? I HATE YOU GOOGLE! Y’ALL KNOW NOTHING!)
- Nans Grandson and her Lovelies (you know when you meet people for the first time and you can sense whether the person is nice or just rubbish by their presence and how they make you feel? Well I love the Nannas team (#TeamNanna). I never met a nicer, friendlier bunch of people!!! If you don’t go there for the drink then go for them and have a chat, show support coz they’re awesome! I know coz on the first time me visiting I asked for a job and I already have 3!)
- POP UP EVENTS (need I explain more? ATTENTION PEOPLE!! NEWS FROM Little Nans…
“Hello my dears! It’s my Cream Tea Cocktail party on Sunday 1pm – 5pm xx” https://www.facebook.com/events/653356814702512/
- Other things and such…(…as area reserves FREE Thurs-Sat and available for private hire Sun-Wed from £20 per hour, experience courses*, all you can drink party from £25 per person and also available for photo shoots*
Okay so the point is that Little Nans bar is wonderful! I die of happiness (if that’s a thing) every time I go and I’m pretty sure you would too!
The bar window! It’s like being a nosey neighbour but hey welcome you.
Simply love the lamp shades (I bought one but not from them…from a boot sale but you can have a piece of Nana like deco on Ebay!) #ThereAintNoPartyLikeMyLittleNansTeaParty
Don’t be tempted…
OOOOOH! SIPPY CUP! Nana means business!
Told ya to tha walls!
*update* My favourite drink is Barbie Girl! It tastes like candy pretty pinkness and they got popping candy in it too!! Love the feeling…I’m sticking my tongue out at people telling them to listen to my mouth!
Where?: 46 Deptford Broadway, London, SE8 4PH, England
Times?: 6:00pm – 11:00 pm Thurs – Saturday
Call?: 07792 205 375
Cost?: Vary up till £19* (£14- £19 pitcher teapot*)
*I’m unsure if this is still current so feel free to check them out on www.littlenans.co.uk and call for more info OR follow them on Twitter @Littlenansbar and support them.
Have fun and don’t be like me, drink responsibly!
Happy cakin’ and cocktailing!